I’ve been MIA for 4 1/2 months now.
I was going to let my blog sit here and die because it’s tough to jump back on the blogging bandwagon after such a long hiatus. I’ve thought about it for a little while now, and I think it’s time to start blogging regularly again. I have ideas floating around for a new blog title that will fully encompass the topics I want to blog about. (It’ll stick to single motherhood a lot like it has in the past, but I want it to be a little more than that, I think.)
But first, a brief recap of the last several months:
- I DID end up quitting my job. My last day was sometime in mid-May. I have the most amazing parents ever, and they have allowed me to live with them and be a stay-at-hom mom until I start school again.
- I’m hoping to go back to my Plan A of going to grad school. The application materials are all in, and figuring I get accepted, I’ll be starting my program in January.
- While I’m waiting, I’ve started freelancing for my local paper again. My previous full-time job taught me that I don’t really like journalism — I’d much rather be in academia — but I’m just doing this freelance gig on the side to get a little money here and there.
- By the time I quit my job in May, I managed to regain ALL of my pregnancy weight from the stress eating I did. I’ve lost neary 10 of those pounds since moving back in with my parents, so there’s still a long way to go
- AND, this summer I got to meet Anna’s soon-to-be stepmom (which has to be a post of it’s own because it’s just too much to write at the moment.)
So… welcome back to my blog!